WE ARE COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING THE WORLD IN DEALING WITH CLIMATE CHANGE
Caring for our planet - our commitment
Bostonair Australia and the wider Bostonair Group are committed to doing their bit in supporting the world in dealing with climate change and lowering carbon emissions.
Our sister Company Boston Energy is exclusively dedicated to the wind industry helping to build and maintain wind turbines to help eliminate carbon from electricity generation. While Boston Renewables are engaged in building Solar PV installations across the UK – further eliminating carbon from the electricity supply.
However, we know that it’s not enough. In our normal operations, we still use certain fossil fuels generating CO2 for our daily lives and operations. Bostonair Group has now committed to a Net Zero path, and we are now beginning our journey down the road to sustainability.
In our HQ we are establishing a task force to examine routes to reducing and eliminating CO2 generation from all our activities. Our policy is an ongoing development through our task force. We believe this needs the buy-in of all our people which in turn requires a bottom-up solution to identify causes and remedies to our current emission levels. The core will be to establish a baseline of carbon emissions, then with that baseline established determine routes to minimise, & where possible, over time eliminate carbon levels.
As a responsible, independent, family-owned company, we believe that the long-term future of our business is best served by respecting the interests of all of our stakeholders, customers, suppliers, employees and the wider community.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business.
- We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Our partnership focus:
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk ensuring that we uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with all our stakeholders.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities to mutual benefit
- We shall work with local schools, colleges and universities to assist young people in choosing their future careers, being an advocate for our industry
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees and will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees of whatever nationality, colour, race or religious belief are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We shall develop Safety and Environmental policies and objectives as part of the business planning cycle.
At Bostonair Australia and Bostonair Group, we care and fully understand that we are only as strong as the communities in which we trade, so it makes good sense for us to be a fair partner – supporting local communities and ensuring good working conditions for everyone involved.
© Boston Air Australia 2023.